Friday, July 15, 2016

Fleur de Sel Caramel Ice Cream


Our vegan voyage is going quite well and we've found loads of brands that are commercially prepared.  Don't get me wrong - I love, LOVE, So Delicious.  But, we have a big family and often have to buy three pints to get a serving for each of us.  

Speaking of So Delicious, I am eternally grateful for everyone who voted and "liked" my pin.  I was the grand prize winner, but it was each of you who really won.  I wish I could bring every one of you a three bite hot cross bun!  

The grand prize was a $500 gift card to Williams Sonoma and the first thing I added to my cart was an ice cream maker.  I was doubtful sure I could create a reasonable substitute for a commercial pint.  A few trials, and errors later, we have a winner!

I've mentioned before my obsession with caramel, right?  Even greater than that is my obsession with fleur de sel caramel.  The salt makes the sweet that much sweeter.  The sweet is taken down by the salt. The burnt sugary contrast to them both.  It's a harmony of perfection!

And so, I give to you, the most affordable, easy, decadent, even healthy non-dairy ice cream I've ever made!  May it make your summer evenings a little cooler.



2 cans of light coconut milk 
3/4 C sugar
1 TBSP vanilla
1 tsp of sea salt


Combine all ingredients until sugar is dissolved.  

Refrigerate overnight or for several hours (the colder you get the mixture, the creamier the end result will be).

Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment